It has been a super long since I have put up a travel guide and it has been a long time since I traveled. My roommate Kendall and I traveled to Fredericksburg, Texas for a few days to start our spring break. I had not been to Fredericksburg in years, but it was so fun so I am spilling all the tea for y’all!
Since we had 2 full days in Fredericksburg, I did a lot of research on the best places to eat and visit so I created an itinerary to keep us on schedule to be able to see everything. For the most part, the times on the itinerary were pretty accurate however, we did move a few things around on day 2. We wanted to go for the wineries so that’s the majority of what we did. I suggest making as many reservations as you can, especially if you go during a busy time. It was a breeze knowing that we already had reservations everywhere.
We chose to use Airbnb to choose a place to stay because Moxie was traveling with us. We stayed in a cabin in Luckenbach and it was priced really well. Luckenbach is about 12-15 minutes from downtown Fredericksburg however, it is super close to a lot of the wineries on 290. The only problem is it is a little difficult to find and we arrived at night and it was pretty dark since it was a cabin located in the brush. Other than that, it was cute and right across from Luckenbach creek so it was really pretty.
Wineries We Enjoyed
- Agusta Vin– Great for a cold day and was a seated tasting which was really nice. They have food there too and the live music was so good.
- Signor Vineyards- The outside was so gorgeous, but since it was cold, we had to do a tasting inside. It was alright but we had to stand in a quite small room. I suggest going here if it is warm outside. The wine barn was so pretty and they have a cute little market with snacks and sandwhiches.
- Barons Creek– This one was our favorite, we went there twice. The outside area was so gorgeous and the tasting was so fun and educational. This one was a seated tasting and we really enjoyed that and we even got an extra taste of some wine! They had super yummy pizza and charcuterie boards that we enjoyed on the patio.
- Fat Ass Ranch & Winery– This one was the most casual vineyard and was a ton of fun! If you go on a Saturday, they have a $30 deal where you get a tasting at Fat Ass, a tram ride across the vineyard to Wine Garage, a tasting at wine garage, and a free frozen sangria. This one was so fun and if you love sweet wines, you will love the tastings here. Great for a girls trip or bachlorette group.
- Wine Garage-Our tasting guy was so funny and nice so he made it so fun. This is another tasting where you have to stand and that was a little bit rough since it was super busy so we stood for a long time. This one wasn’t our favorite, but it is definitly fun for guys!
One tip I suggest if you plan on touring/going to a lot of vineyards is doing the 290 Wine Shuttle. It is a hop-on hop-off winery shuttle and they shuttle you to 17 different wineries all located on 290 and it was so nice not having to drive or worry about parking. If you plan to buy some wine, they even shuttle it back for you so you don’t have to carry it all day. Overall, we really loved it and would do it again.
- Emma and Ollie– Great breakfast spot and everything was super yummy. It was a cold day and it is mostly an outdoor place so seating was limited so we had to wait a bit. You can make reservations so I suggest doing that.
- Pasta Bella-Great pasta and was super quick service for it being super busy. They don’t take reservations, but since it was cold, we didn’t have a long wait since you can’t wait inside.
- Kaffee Haus-We had breakfast here on Saturday and Sunday morning and it was so yummy and so cute! We had the an iced coffee and the German sausage kolaches and the chocolate crissonts and they were a 10/10!
On Friday night we shopped along Mainstreet in downtown Fredericksburg and it was so fun despite the cold weather. Felt Boutique was one of our favorite shops. They had a gorgeous hat bar where I made my own hat and even had it branded with my initials. They also had really cute clothes and the owners were the sweetest.
Leave some comments below if you have any questions about our trip to Fredericksburg. I posted a vlog of our trip that you can watch here for more insight on our day-to-day activities in Fredericksburg.