Alright y’all, I am kicking off my week of blogger tips starting with a post all about WordPress! I will say, I have had my WordPress blog for about 4 years now and I have learned so much about using WordPress and I hope to be a good source for y’all!
So first off, if you don’t know what WordPress is, it is a site for starting your own blog. I know personally, people like to buy their own domain and they like to have their own host but I personally am not techy so I find WordPress to be super easy to use and it has everything that I could need/want for my blog. I started out with the free plan and then I graduated to the business plan about 2 years ago. I think starting with the free plan was the best for me because it helped me learn how to use WordPress.
How To Change Themes
This is probably my most asked question when it comes to my blog. So on WordPress you can customize your theme and they give you many free themes to choose from however, I have a theme that I bought from Etsy. I love my theme and think its so sleek and easy to use! I’ll link some themes below for you but you have to have a business account to install them. I do think it’s definitely worth it to get the business account!
Here are some cute themes from Etsy:
Pros & Cons of WordPress
- It’s easy to use and very straight to the point.
- It is an easy site for your followers to navigate
- It’s very easy to post a blog post
- Plug-in’s are super easy to install and use
- Stats are easy to read and you can get really feedback from them
- You can make your own custom domain
- It is easy to install widgets or coding (I use coding from Reward Style all the time and it is sooo easy to install)
- You need a Business account to do most things
- You can’t really install adds so you can’t make money off ad’s on WordPress
- You have to pay for a custom domain
Honestly, I love WordPress and I have had zero problems with it so far and if you think you want to start a blog I definitely suggest starting out on WordPress using the free plan. If you like it and want to continue blogging, I suggest moving to the Business plan!